Help us meet the needs of homebound patients in our community. Join the compassionate and dedicated team of providers and medical assistants with Housecall Doctors in Northwest Indiana. Full-time or part-time opportunities available. House Call Doctors is a primary care provider service for people who are homebound and need ongoing medical care. Team also sees patients in assisted-living facilities and nursing homes. Responsibilities likely to include some hospice and palliative care as well.
Open Position - NURSE PRACTITIONER
Seeking compassionate providers who enjoy being part of a collaborative care team . Must also be comfortable seeing patients independently. Average census approximately 12-15 patients per day depending on location and type of visit (less in rural areas, more in assisted-living). Practice Fusion electronic health records.
Housecall Doctors PC is dedicated to serving our neighbors throughout northwest Indiana. As the largest and most experienced house call only practice in the area, we have expanded to offer a quality-of-life focused continuum of care that includes transitional care, chronic care management, and hospice coordination.
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner to become a part of our house call team! You will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses
- Prescribe all necessary medications and treatments
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations of patients
- Develop and implement patient management policies and procedures
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Communicate with collaborating physician or specialist regarding patient care
- Must be a graduate of a nationally recognized college or university certified by the National League of Nursing .
- Must be currently licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in Indiana.
- Must maintain a unrestricted nursing licensure.
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Minimum 1 year clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner
Travel Requirements: Travel required
- Must have valid state driver license and have reliable transportation
- Must be able to independently travel to assigned locations
- Competitive Compensation Package
Open Position - Medical Assistant/Driver
Seeking compassionate providers who enjoy being part of a collaborative care team. This position is responsible for supporting Doctor with Patient Home visits
- Driving the physician to the patient home
- Pull charts, labs, and prepare for trip
- Call in orders, labs, and other directives from physician
- Enter information into EMR
- Call patients to confirm schedule
- Answering phones
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- High School degree or equivalent.
- At least one year of previous experience as medical assistant
- At least one year of phone experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Medical Office