Open Position - Licensed Practical Nurse
Under the supervision of the medical providers, supports direct patient care to assure patient comfort, safety and needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Follow-up with patients on basic patient care related tasks, including medication, questions from visit, nursing or aide questions, supplies, and general health inquiries.
- Cleans and maintains equipment other areas as assigned.
- Measures and records vital signs to include blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, glucometer, oxygen saturation, weight intake and output, and food consumption.
- Reports on patient's status changes or requests to medical providers as observed during phone calls with patients or during rounding.
- Documents patient care information per policies and procedures in the medical record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to clearly communicate patient's status and care issues to Licensed Medical Staff.
- Ability to verbally communicate with patients, families, the public and other staff of the department.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
- 1 year Healthcare/Medical Nurse Assistant Preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant